Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Improving Webcomic Images



For those of you who've seen my Breakout from Bongolaan book trailer, you may recognize the image above as the Bongolaanian Presidential Palace. 

One of the issues I'm having about posting material on-line, via blogging or writing a web comic, is that as I gain (hopefully) more experience, my old stuff looks--well--old.

For the past several days, intermittently I admit, I've been shooting and assembling pictures for Chapter 7.  Some of the photos I took actually fall under the category of "re shooting," since I've made several backdrops that I'll incorporate into the story.

Here's a glimpse of the final-ish version of the Presidential Palace:


The black & white image I use as the backdrop is of a large storm sweeping over a city.  I'd love to use color, but for large images such as this, it's prohibitively expensive:  $35-$70 a piece versus several dollars/each for b&w.

Another justification for using b&w images for backdrops is the action will be unfolding at night.

Although I do need color backgrounds, for now these will be limited to something I can run off my printer.

One more reason to keep playing the lottery...

No comments:

Post a Comment